Friday 13 November 2015

In Limelight


Duryodhan Jena is one of the oldest members of IDS Next’s Technical Support Centre. This MSc – IT grad from Odisha has been a part of IDS Next’s growing employee base since 2007. “Over these years at IDS Next, I now know how to make clients happy,” Duryodhan says

What do you do at IDS Next?

Customer service through timely tech support is one of the critical tasks for our line of business. As an Associate Team Manager at IDS Next’s 24/7 TSC, it is my foremost responsibility to ensure that my team delivers 100% when it comes to offer technical assistance to our valued clients. I take a look at the list of team-wise backlogs the moment I walk into the office. This gives me a clear idea about how to plan my day. Then, I review the individual closure report of my team members. 

My team members escalate some critical issues to me and it becomes my sole obligation to close the same at the earliest. At times, when I face issues related to a bug in programming, I have to forward the same to the development team. But, there is one thing I am quite sure that my team is known for escalating minimum number cases to the development team. This is a great achievement. 

How did IDS Next happened and how is your journey here so far? 

I have a total work experience of almost 14 years and out of that I have spent 8 years at IDS Next. I came to this company in 2007 as a support associate. Initially, I used to visit clients’ sites along with implementation team as we did not have 24/7 TSC at that point of time. I used to provide on-site tech assistance to our clients. 

Between 2007 to 2011/2012, my work took me to places including all over Karnataka, Kerala and Maharashtra. Even, I had traveled to Africa and Dubai for on-site project implementation. Working here has helped me to understand clients’ requirements and how to make them happy by fixing things when they go wrong.

What have you learned here? 

Bill Gates once said, “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning”. And to me, this line holds enormous sense. Every time I talk to unhappy clients about their business critical issues, I get new chance to understand our products with a fresh perspective. My stint here has helped me to know our vast range of products. I can say that I am now an expert on all our FortuneNEXT 6i Suite of Hotel Management Software. Constant interaction with clients has also helped me polish my communications skill. 

Duryodhan’s work has earned him recognition, too. He has seen promotions on couple of occasions. Plus, he has been awarded twice by the senior management for his contribution towards client support. Most recently, he was conferred with ‘Outstanding Achievement Award’ during IDS Next’s 28 Anniversary Celebration.




No comments:

Post a Comment