Sunday 29 November 2015

In Limelight




This story of Senthil Kumar R has got all the ingredients and elements to inspire all of us. That’s true. Look at his commendable journey. His journey from a telephone booth attendant to become the one and only dynamic graphic designer at IDS Next is full of ups and downs and surprising events. He has been an important member of IDS Next marketing team since last 2 years.



Let’s hear it from him.



Tell us something about you?



Due to financial constraints, my dad told me that he would not be able to fund my studies post 10th. And that blow was severe enough to destroy my ambition of becoming a software engineer. In 2000, I had passed 10th standard with first class, yet I was helpless and clueless. That’s how I decided to take up a job to fund my further studies. In 2001, I started working in a telephone booth near my home as an attendant. I was on that job till 2002 and finished my PU.



I wanted to continue with graduation, but it was not possible due to financial problems back home. From 2002 to 2004, I worked as an industrial laborer in a lathe unit. Sometimes, I even had to work more as a construction worker to earn some extra money. I also had worked as a cafeteria helper and security guard in one of the IT parks in Bangalore. However, I managed to finish graduation in 2012.



How did you get to learn computer, graphic designing and all?



In 2005, one of my friends got me a job in a printing press as an office boy. I spent three years in that press and gradually started liking the graphic designing work. I showed my interest and the designer there was kind enough to teach me the basics. I was prompt to pick up nuances of digital designing. Those three years were crucial to me. Armed with around 50 % of skill set, I joined one small advertisement agency as a graphic designer in 2008. That’s how I developed an interest towards computers and graphic designing.



When did IDS Next happen?



I joined IDS Next in 2013. And during 2008 to 2013, I was able to learn some of the most important intricacies of graphic designing. I think that helped me to bag the job here. The day I got confirmation, I could not believe it. I was nothing few years ago, and now I take pride in saying that I work for one of the most prestigious global hospitality technology company. Most importantly, I can say that I am inextricably linked to IDS Next’s global marketing and branding effort.



What have you learnt here?



I always believe in learning new things as my work is all about creativity. Everyday, I think of what new elements I can bring in to my designs and what new thing I can learn. And at IDS Next, I get enough opportunity to learn and grow. Here, I have learnt how to perform better while sticking to the deadline. I have gained significant knowledge on video making, editing and photography. My two year stint here has taught me how to work on new technologies like flash, illustrator and many latest digital designing tools. Moreover, my confidence level has gone up and I now know how to work in a team.



What you like here?



This place is full of activity. The charm of working for a leader in hospitality technology space is no doubt amazing. I feel good when I get a word of appreciation from senior management for my work. It boosts up my morale. The best part of working for IDS Next is that your work gets recognized.


No comments:

Post a Comment